Friday, June 19, 2009

German food at Suppenkuche, Hayes Valley, SF.

The guys we were seated with got the 5 liter beer, of course. I'm not a beer girl, of course, but I had two sips from this. It was good beer, but on the first sip, I couldn't even hold this up to drink! Haha.. ridiculous.

We started with the Spatzle. It's on the 7x7 list! And it's very good, but I've had better mac 'n cheese.

The beets were okay, but I really didn't care for the carrots or red cabbage. And I loooove my red cabbage! Haha..

The tomato salad wasn't necessary, but the greens were nice, with a light dressing.

Jägerschnitzel in Champignonsoße
mit Spätzle und grünem Salat $18.00
Sauteed Porkloin in Mushroom Sauce
served with Spätzle & Green Salad


This was eh.

Wiener Schnitzel vom Schwein
mit Bratkartoffeln und grünem Salat $17.50
Breaded and Sauteed Veal
with Roasted Potatoes & Green Salad


This was better, but also eh. I'd much rather get a Japanese or Korean style donkatsu.

HOWEVER! Thank goodness Suppenkuche has communal seating and the friendly boys we sat with let us steal a bite of their pork-chops. Man, did we order wrong! Those pork-chops were something else! Next time I go, I'm ordering this:

Kassler vom Grill
mit Sauerkraut und Kartoffelbrei $16.00
Grilled Cured Pork Chop with Sauerkraut & Mashed Potatoes



No comments:

Post a Comment