Saturday, August 28, 2010

Pre-sotball brunch at Namu, Inner Richmond, SF.

Mimosas courtesy of Namu--thanks so much, guys! Their mimosas are fabulous--a nice amount of pulp, and not super cheap bubbly. ;)

Pickles also courtesy of Namu. Yummy.

Kimchi and pancetta fried rice.

Perfectly cooked sunny side up egg. Great combo of kimchi and pancetta. To be honest though, I thought it would be more flavorful from the look of it. It was a bit light, but still very nice--a really nice amount of fatty richness throughout the rice.

Korean breakfast burrito.

Beautiful. Again though, a bit of a tease! From the looks of it, I was expecting lots of big flavors, some spice, etc, but this was very light. Not bland necessarily, but definitely not the flavors you're expecting when you look at it. Also, the crispiness was a bit in-between--it wasn't a chimichanga (which would have been GREAT), but it wasn't a soft burrito.

Burger with kimchi relish. I really like how they asked if we were sharing and then cut it into 3 parts for us!

A good burger, not super great fries. The burger was nicely cooked and flavorful, but there needed to be more relish! I had maybe one good bite with relish and that bite was great, but then the rest were a bit sadder. Haha. Solid burger though.

This was a great brunch. I would definitely recommend it. I'd probably even recommend brunch over dinner at Namu. Nice and quiet, too, with no lines.

So I went to brunch with my friend Joe and our friend Alan. Joe doesn't think SF has that great of a food scene and I've taken it upon myself to show him otherwise. he really enjoyed Namu's brunch--even more than I did. That and I took him to Sai Jai Thai a few weeks ago and he liked that a ton, too! I'll have him raving about SF food in no time! ;) Haha. Thanks for the great brunch, Joe! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment