Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bolani Afghani food.

Bolani sells at the SF Farmer's Markets as well as at a few local supermarkets. I like to get their stuff from the super nice girl at the Farmer's Market, but was in a pinch so I picked some up at Whole Foods. I got all of my favorites: Spinach Bolani bread, Garlic Mint Cheese, Cilantro Pesto. I also love their Sweet Jalapeno jam!

I mixed the Garlic Mint Cheese and Cilantro Pesto with some balsamic vinaigrette to create a lovely dressing for a salad with romaine, tomatoes and raw pecan pieces. Mmmmm!

I toasted the Spinach Bolani and then spread on some Garlic Mint Cheese, Cilantro Pesto and a little bit of Tapatio, to give it a little kick! The soft, flaky Bolani is so great--not super greasy, but flavorful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment