Monday, October 25, 2010

Whole Foods dinner: mixed salad, crab cakes and seared scallops.

The amazing Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker. This thing is out of control! I love it! I only wish there was a better way to open and pour from it after you create your dressing, etc.

I made a super simple balsamic vinaigrette with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and cracked black pepper. The Flavour Shaker really does work ! It creates a really nice emulsion. I'm kind of obsessed! ;)

Cheese and bread to nibble on while cooking.

Dungeness crab cakes from Whole Foods. Pan fried and then into the oven while we sear the scallops.

Mixed green and rocket salad, almonds, goat cheese and sliced pear, tossed with the vinaigrette. Scallops seared in butter with a little salt and pepper. Dungeness crab cake. I must say, the salad was amazing. I'd never had a dungeness crab cake, but it was very good. You can really taste a difference with the dungeness crab. Also, the scallops had a nice sear.

Excellent dinner. Thanks and kudos, A! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment