Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mad prep for Easter brunch.

Pat was great and took me grocery shopping. We went to Costco, Trader Joe's and Safeway!

Here's most of the ingredients...

Gotta start with a CLEAN kitchen. :)

Used a blender and a bunch of goods for my delicious salad dressing.

Pineapple, brown sugar and a little butter.

Yellow cake.

Pineapple upside down mix.

Cupcake batter.

Perfect pineapple upside down cupcakes! :) Yaaaaaay.

Coconut cream cheese frosting. Delicious!

Making hard boiled eggs for my deviled eggs.

Ice bath.

Toasted coconut.

My first time making carrot cake!

Cheesecake mix.

Carrot cake layer.

Top with cheesecake layer.

All baked and topped with toasted coconut flakes. I did the conversion for the cheesecake wrong and it turned out a little eh, but the carrot cake is really nice.

Oh my word, butternut squash is just crazy. It's tough to chop through and then you bake it and it isn't soft enough and is tough to scoop out! Ugh!

I couldn't puree it at that state so I boiled it with the chicken stock.

Then pureed it. I added some cream, nutmeg and some other spices.

All ready to transport.

Breakfast sausage.

With some shortening, milk, salt and pepper.

Gravy, ready to transport!

Oh my goodness. Looking at the pictures right now makes it all look so easy, and it was so fun, but took ages! :) I got started late.. around 9pm on Saturday and finished at 5am! Haha. I took a 2 hour nap/sleep and then it was off to Pat's to finish everything! Yay! 2

No comments:

Post a Comment