Thursday, January 28, 2010

Amazing garlic mac & cheese casserole.

Oooh man. I found this box and it wasn't expired so I thought I'd try putting it to some use.. Boiled the macaroni..

Chopped up some onion, a small potato and one large yellow bell pepper. Sauteed those babies with some garlic-herb seasoning..

Added the macaroni, some chopped up sausage, jalapenos, a little milk, a bit of butter and, of course, the cheddar! For an added creamy yumminess I decided to add havarti, too. :)

Mixed, spread evenly in the pan, and ready to bake! I mixed in a bit more of the garlic herb seasoning, too. :)

Annnnnd baked. Annnnnd amazing! :)

This really was quite delicious. I had it as a side with a simple side salad and a bowl of soup. It wasn't too salty, wasn't too cheesy (If I was going for proper mac & cheese I would have just added some havarti to the box.), the garlic-herb flavor came through, and the jalapenos added just the right kick. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment