Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday brunch at Madeleine's, Downtown, Spokane.

Warmed up cinnamon roll. not the best I've had, but the frosting was good. It didn't have enough cinnamon sugar. I'll try the butter & jam scone looked great. I think the pastries are probably the best thing at Madeline's.

I got the croque madame. I was pretty disappointed. The first huge disappointment is that they used Wonder bread! Maybe it wasn't Wonder, but it was generic, dry, sliced white bread. Also, they didn't have enough cheese on the bread and I don't think they used any gruyere. Not a croque madame! I don't normally like home fries either, but, luckily, these were very good.

Judi's greek omelette.

We tried to go to Taste Cafe, but they were closed! So sad. I've been disappointed with Madeleine's before, but haven't had brunch there so thought I'd give it a try. It's better than their salad bar, but I was still disappointed with my meal. I think the omelette Judi got looked good though. Definitely not authentic French cuisine, as they have posted on their website though!


No comments:

Post a Comment