Sunday, January 31, 2010

Main Market, Downtown, Spokane.

Main Market, which opened last week, is a great addition to downtown Spokane. I would say it's Fresh & Easy meets Madison Market--it's a smaller space with specialty grocery products, but the interior is definitely more kitschy and Brit-style.

Produce walk.

Take Away. Again, British!

The lovely lady who gave me tons of samples! :) Feel free to ask for samples! But do support them and buy something.

Take-away case 1. I got the eggplant-parm sandwiche. It wasn't my favorite, and a lot of that was because they don't cut it in half, nor do they run it through an toaster for you! Outrage! ;) They just have a microwave you can use, which is fine, but a proper hot sandwich is much nicer.

Rimas got the (Vietnamese) BBQ pork sandwich. Thank goodness for Vietnamese sandwiches in Spokane! Only, they didn't call it Vietnamese, which I think they should fix. That's what it is, and most people in Spokane probably don't know that that's what it is so they should be informed. In any case, I didn't get this because, as a spoiled San Franciscan, I refuse to pay over $3.50 for a Vietnamese sandwich. And why should I!? ;)

Take-away case 2. I got the blood-orange quinoa! It was fabulously fresh and tasty. I only wish there were more blood orange pieces. The quinoa was great though and my first quinoa, actually! Yay. I have a feeling I'm going to be adding quinoa into my grains of choice. ;)

Take-away 3. Rimas got the cauliflower (bottom center) and really liked it.

Take-away 4.


Everything in these cases looked good, and prices weren't ridiculous. They will definitely need more seating though..

Aside from the limited parking, strange layout, too-trendy interior, and slow check-out, Main Market has a nice little thing going. Gosh, that sounds like I'm knocking-it hard! I really do believe the interior will get old and look tacky though. With service--they've only been open a week and I'm sure they are still working out the kinks.

It'll be interesting to see how Spokane responds to this endeavor. I love that that part of Main St. is developing with so may cool spots though (Magic Lantern, Saranac posted below!). Spokane is finally developing neighborhoods! What will this part be called? It's pretty much Main & Divis.. hmmm..

I do hope Huckleberry's continues to do well though. They sort of revolutionized grocery shopping in Spokane. I still like them more than Main Market because of their layout and their (Huckleberry's) cold and hot deli foods. Again, Main Market is a great addition though and I'm really not trying to knock it! Go! Buy! Eat! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment