Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Iluna Basque Haiti Benefit Night, North Beach, SF.

Sautéed Scallops over Ratatouille


These were perfectly light and delicious.

Plums Wrapped in Bacon


I've done figs, but haven't even heard of warm plums with bacon! Mmm--divine! And, c'mon, you can't really go wrong with "wrapped in bacon"!

Eggplant & Fresh Tomato, Goat Cheese

I always love eggplant. It was served like a tartare, which was so interesting! I've never had eggplant prepared like that, but it makes sense and is visually quite nice, too. The warm goat cheese added a nice punch of flavor and smooth texture.

Piperade with Sautéed Serrano Ham & Poached Egg


This was the dish I was most curious about. The mix of peppers was light, the ham was a bit lost, but the poached egg was a nice addition.

Stuffed Calamaries in Ink Sauce over Spanish Rice


This was my favorite. I LOVED it. The stuffed squid was soo succulent! I can't wait to go back and get this again. :)

Fondant au Chocolat Raspberry Coulis / Selection of Cheeses from Les Pyrenees with Membrillo


The chocolate cake was fresh out of the oven and was chocolaty, without being too rich. The cheese plate didn't have anything too robust either, but was a fine mix.

We also had the Baked Spanish Tortilla with Caramelized Onions & Chorizo, and I don't know how I missed photographing it..

Mattin (Chef/Owner of Iluna Basque, Top Chef contestant and friend.) hosted a fantastic dinner to a packed house, and all for a good cause. The deal was spectacular, too: 4 courses (2 tapas, one entree and one dessert) plus a flight of 4 wines, and some good karma for $40. Even if you missed this dinner, you really must go try the food!


No comments:

Post a Comment