Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dine About Town: Campton Place, Union Square, SF.

Beautiful. I really liked the space and the service was great, too. Campton Place is one of the better deals with Dine About Town. Some of the restaurants you could go to normally and order a prix-fixe for less than $35.. Three girlfriends and I decided to dress up and go for a classy night on the town! :)

Amuse bouche tartare. Could have used more flavor.

Organic Greens, Root Vegetables, Aged Cow’s Milk Cheese, Fennel & Lemon

Emulsion


Kat said this was very nice. Good cheese.

Roasted Carrot Soup with Fine Herbs &Hazelnut


Unreal. My mouth is salivating looking at this right now and remember just how good it tasted!

Slow Cooked Flat Iron Steak with Truffled Yukon, Savoy Spinach & Veal Jus


Very nice. Amazingly smooth purred potatoes, nicely cooked steak with great sauce.

Lemon Tart, Meringue & Raspberry


Chocolate Parfait, Vanilla Cream, & Almond Praline


Mmmmm! Perfect finish. Chocolate mouse is always hit and miss for me--I don't like when it's too light, but this had the perfect density and texture.

Overall, Campton Place is one of the best Dine About Town's I've experienced! (The other favorites were Supperclub and Luella.) I'd certainly go back. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment