Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Food Bloggers Luncheon at Waterbar, Embarcadero, SF.

I was invited out to Waterbar for a food bloggers lunch hosted by We Blog The World and Pearltrees.com.

Waterbar is fun little restaurant between the Ferry Building and the AT&T Ball Park. It has ana amazing view of the Bay Bridge and some lovely aquarium columns in the center of the restaurant. It was the last day of Dine About Town so we had a lovely prix fixe menu (click on the photo to read the text). I love that the menu states who caught the fish!

I enjoyed this presentation of the butter, on a granite tile, with sea salt on top.

Amuse bouche: cold soup shots.

I didn't are so much for this. I like gazpachos, but other than that, I'm not a big chilled soup fan.

Cornmeal Crusted Smelts, endive, radish, green goddess. The smelts were nice, but I didn't care much for the salad and the sauce lacked flavor.

Baby Artichoke Salad, fava beans, sweet peas, Grana Padano.

I think I should have went with this as my first course. :)

Alaskan Halibut, roasted beets, sugar snap peas, orange.

I'm afraid I didn't care mush for this dish either. The fish was cooked fine, but everything was a bit bland. I really enjoyed the texture and crunch of sugar snap peas though and the beets were fine on their own, but none of the flavors were were strong enough to bring the dish together.

Whitefish, broccoli rabe, roasted cherry tomato vinaigrette.

This dish looks more flavorful. I should have gone with this one--darn! :)

Black and White Ice Cream Cake, dulce de leche creme fraiche, bananas.

I will say right now that I 100% chose the right dessert! I loved this. The dulce de leche creme fraiche could have used more flavor, but the ice cream sandwich and fried bananas were divine!

Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble, vanilla ice cream.

I really have to be in the mood for strawberry rhubarb, so this isn't my ideal dessert, but it does look tasty.


BIG thank you, again, to We Blog The World and Pearltrees.com! Everyone, please check them out--seriously, very cool stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment