Saturday, June 5, 2010

"Tuxedo Night" surprise birthday with cake from Miette, The Bigfoot, Russian Hill, SF.

The birthday card I made for my bestie, Pat! :) When I found out he didn't have anything planned for his birthday this year, I decided to throw him a surprise birthday party! The perfect theme dropped into my lap...

Pat loves the TV show How I Met Your Mother, and this inside joke/theme night they have is "Tuxedo Night"! So Pat and a few of his mates had been wanting to do a "Tuxdeo Night" of their own for awhile and this was the perfect occasion! I schemed with one of his good friends and made it so that they were going for "Tuxedo Night" with three close friends, but then the rest of us would be waiting at a bar, in tuxes, of course!

While we were waiting at The Bigfoot, we decided to take some photos. :) Everyone looks FABULOUS!

And here is the Birthday Boy!! He was VERY surprised! It was funny because as I was getting ready, he texted asking if I could join them for dinner! I wanted to so badly, too, cause I was starving! Hah! I was very excited that he didn't know about the surprise though! He was thrilled and I'm so glad I could help make his birthday a happy one! :)

The beautiful Vanilla Tomboy cake from Miette, one of my favorite local bakeries.

And cupcakes from my friend Audrey!

Mmmmm! The cake was VERY GOOD! The cupcakes were nice, too, but the frosting tasted too much like straight cream cheese to me.

The famous "Sasquatch" at the Big Foot. It'll do the trick.. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment