Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hog Island Oyster Co., Ferry Building, SF.



Really yummy bread that kind of just melts in your mouth.

Oyster Bar Mix
$30

Delicious! I heart oysters and loooove mignonette. I definitely liked some of the oysters more than others, but couldn't tell you which.

Clam Chowder
Manila clams with aromatic vegetables, bacon, potatoes and cream
$14

P got this. It wasn't quite thick enough to be a proper chower, but was tasty, nonetheless.

Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Cow Girls' Mezzo Secco, cave-aged Gruyere and Fromage Blanc served with house made pickled vegetables


So I saw some people order this at the next table over and it looked divine! I decided to get it over a salad that also looked quite good. It was yummy, but with the gruyere, I think I was expecting it to be a croque madame... not quite. ;) It was a very good grilled cheese though, and huuuge!


No comments:

Post a Comment