Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kyoto Sushi, Van Ness, SF.

Pat's super cute owl beer.

Sooo... for the food. I had a Restaurant.com gift certificate that I got during their crazy 80% off sale. Usually they are $25 off a minimum of $35. However, we got there and saw that at Kyoto Sushi it's acutally $25 off a $50 minimum! So here we were, the two of us, needing to order $50 worth of food. EXCITING, and still a good deal! :)

Salad with miso soup.

Rainbow roll. This was good, but not my favorite. Usually when I get rolls, I prefer them to be super tasty. This was on the lighter side.

Crazy Monkey roll. Also, not the best roll I've had, but it was tasty.

I don't remember what this was called, but it was my first baked sushi roll! It was really interesting, too--like some neuvo-American dish turned into a sushi roll. Inside the roll was asparagus and green onion and the sauce was light, but tasty. Nice!

Homemade beef curry. Very good.

Hamachi Kama - charbroiled yellowtail head. Verry good. This is comfort food for me. :)

Pat with all of the food. We couldn't even picture it all.

OMG massive amounts of food!

Our take away! Pat and I each had one of these. As in, we were both really full, so we took one bite of curry and one bike of the yellow tail and boxed the rest! Aw, yay for leftovers. :)

Oh, there was a French couple seated next to us and the girl could not stop staring at our food! It was hilarious. I think they were amazed at how much we ordered! They just kept bringing out dish after dish and I think the French girl's jaw dropped! Haha. I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment