Monday, April 12, 2010

Amazing Peruvian at La Mar, Embarcadero, SF.

White wine flight. Light, crisp, nice.

Assorted chips and dips. Love. They had these great sweet potato chips and maybe baby eggplant chips?! They were so yummy.

tiradito nikei 16
Ahi Tuna in Nikei sauce with passion fruit and honey leche de tigre

This was beautiful. It was such a nice crudo and was definitely the best thing we ordered.

cebiche chifa 16
Mahi Mahi with peanuts, scallions, ginger, pickled carrots and daikon, habanero pepper, wonton strips, and cilantro in sesame leche de tigre

Not my favorite cebiche, but yummy. I was hoping it would have a bit more of a kick, with the habanero, but it really wasn't spicy at all.

causa tasting 17
Selection of four causas: Limena, Criolla, Nikei, Casera

Causas are whipped potatoes with toppings. The second from the left (Criolla) was by far my favorite. The rest were just okay, but that one was very nice.

una 14
Dungeness crab, shrimp, chicken, peanut and cashew croquette over bok choy with Nikei sauce

anticucho de carne 15
Grilled skirt steak, potatoes, Peruvian corn, spicy rocoto sauce

The una croquettes were fine, but maybe we should have gone for a more traditional empanada. They weren't memorable, but nothing we had was bad!

It was a LOT of food though so I could only have one piece of the skirt steak. It seemed a bit tough at first, which I didn't like so much, but then it definitely grew on me. It was really yummy with a mix of both sauces!

cappuccino de tres leches 8
Sponge cake soaked in chocolate-pisco sauce and coffee creme brulee

I didn't really get the creme brulee, but this dessert was superb. Aside from the cream-heavy top, I just loved it.


I think we ordered a really good selection from the menu and I wouldn't have done it differently. It was yummy and interesting to try. Now that I've had a good sample though, next time maybe I would do a tiradito, and entree and a dessert.


No comments:

Post a Comment