Thursday, April 1, 2010

Roadside BBQ with fresh roadside strawberries.

Pulled pork sandwich and sweet potato fries.

After our beautiful Land's End/Sutro Baths hike, Erika and I decided to make a pit stop for some Roadside BBQ. It was gorgeous out so we got takeaway and ate it up on my roof!

I got the pulled pork because it's on the SF Big Eat 2010. It was all right, but not my favorite. It could have used a bit more slaw, but the bread is fantastic! It's like an English muffin--a very underrated bread, if you ask me! I'm going to start making English muffin sandwiches now. SO exciting.

As for my side, I was debating between the sweet potato fries and the mac 'n cheese. I was "good" and got the fries, but they weren't the crispy kind that I looove! They were all right, but I definitely prefer criiiiispy fries!

On our way home, Erika bought a box of strawberries from a guy on the corner. One box for $11, two for $20. I kid you not, this was the most perfect looking box of strawberries that I've ever seen. And they were soooo fragrant, ripe and delicious!


1 comment:

  1. for the best pulled pork ever you have to go to fredy's by the beach!! (only wednesdays)

    ReplyDelete