Saturday, April 24, 2010

Korean kalbi and kalbi taco BBQ at my brother's place, LA.

So many amazing plants in LA! It seems like every yard has fruit trees! So great.

Big, bright, beautiful flowers were everywhere, too. :) I don't think I could stand having that nice of weather all the time, but the flowers sure do make you smile.

My brother's awesome backyard, where we had a Korean BBQ with the wedding party.

Table setting. :)

Daddy, manning the grill. :) My mom and dad are too funny--they made the kalbi in Spokane, with my aunt, froze it and flew it down for this BBQ. My parents rock. :)

Korean taco set up: salad mixed with sesame-ginger dressing, cilantro, sesame salsa, sesame seeds. My brother put this together and it was excellent! I guess for the sesame salsa you just mix salsa with sesame oil--easy!

A light yummy salad one of the bridesmaids brought.

상추 traditional lettuce wrap for the kalbi, with red pepper paste sauce.

Yummy!

My taco was amazing. Although, I don't like tortillas.. Hahah. So the next one I had was sans-tortilla, but with some rice, more like a naked burrito. It was scrumptious. I'm definitely going to make these at home. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lily! I'm glad to hear you liked the LA trip (well, the food anyway)! :) When you come again in July, we'll go to more great places as well. I was thinking non-Korean since there was so much Korean food this time around, but reading how much you liked it this weekend, maybe we'll go grab more Korean food as well. ;)

    By the way, the tortillas that we had at the bbq were kind of gross. Not the same corn tortillas Eddie usually gets. Normally, Eddie fries them, but I think he didn't because your parents wouldn't like it. ;)

    ReplyDelete