Friday, April 23, 2010

Great Souther Thai at Jitlada, Hollywood, LA.

We have a wonderful Jitlada Thai restaurant in SF (no affiliation), too, but this was cooler because of their special Souther Thai menu. :)

Morning glory salad. Fried morning glory flowers. Seriously yummy. They had a fried spinach salad on their menu, too. I wonder if it's anything like the amazing palak chaat from Rasika in DC!?

Their famous green mussels! They were on the Top 10 Dishes from LA Weekly.

They are the biggest mussels I've seen! They were very good too, with a delicious, fragrant lemongrass broth. There was a spicy sauce for the mussels, too--excellent!

Basil eggplant. Not the best I've had, but I always love a good, soft eggplant. :)

Phad see-ew. My father looooves the big flat noodles, so I knew he'd like this dish! It was very good.

Duck fried rice. I really wanted some duck. Whenever I get Thai I want eggplant and duck--they just do both so well! The duck is always hit or miss though and here it was a bit of a miss. The dish wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't necessary. I was too full to have much of it by the time it came out.

The entire dinner was really great and the restaurant is kitschy and cute. I love how LA is just one huge, never-ending suburb and these great restaurants are just parts of strip malls--that cracks me up. I guess the Simpsons guy comes here a lot so they have all of these little drawings from him of Homer eating and whatnot! That's pretty cool about LA. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment