Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pre US Half Marathon carbo-load dinner.

Romaine, carrots, goat cheese, toasted almonds, honey mustard vinaigrette dressing.

Tomorrow I'm running the US Half Marathon: The Other Half, here in SF! My favorite part about running a marathon is, of course, carbo-loading the day before!!!! Yay! Here was the non-carb loaded part of the meal! :)

When carbo-loading, it's easy to go Italian, so that's what I opted for. I got a baguette, cut two pieces, sliced the pieces in half and then thew them in the toaster oven.

Meanwhile, I whipped together a balsamic vinaigrette, olive oil and herb mix, drizzled some on the baguette.

Topped with some sauteed veggies: zucchini, yellow onion, tomato, mushrooms with some garlic and a little balsamic vinegar. A mild feta to finish it off. These were awesome.

Whenever I do cream sauce, I just wing it! It's hard to go wrong. I used heavy cream, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, feta, garlic, black pepper and a garlic seasoning mix. It was a tad salty, even though I didn't use any salt (the garlic seasoning), but that was okay because veggies still needed to go in..

I just used the same veggies that went into the bruschetta: zucchini, tomatoes, yellow onion, mushrooms. Easy, delicious, not very healthy sauce, that was going over a bed of whole wheat spaghetti.

The whole meal! YUM! I think this was carb-loaded. It was also vegetarian! Everything turned out nicely, but the bruschetta was my favorite part. Mmm! :)

Here's wishing me luck in the race tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment