Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Super easy peanut butter ice cream with mini peanut butter cups.

Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe:
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla

Directions: Just take a look at the ingredients--this recipe is SO easy! Yay! In a bowl, I slightly melted some peanut butter and then mixed it with the sugar. Then, I added milk (1%), heavy cream and vanilla (I used Bourbon Vanilla). After mixing that all with a whisk, I put it into my pre-chilled ice cream bowl thingy and flipped the switch! :)

While the ice cream's going...get together your mix-ins! The recipe didn't call for any, but you can use anything. I decided to go with these fabulous mini peanut butter cups from Trader Joe's. They are small enough to just drop in without smashing, but you could do either.

If you want to add chocolate, it's best to go with mini chocolate chips or to take an actual bar and "shave"/chop it with a knife. The regular chips can sometimes get too hard when frozen.

I put the cups in maybe 10 minutes after churning? When the ice cream starts to thicken and get some color, it's probably ready to drop in the mix-ins.

Ready.. steady.. freeze! I didn't really time any of this, but kept an eye on it.. The ice cream will get very full and nearly overflow. When that happens, stop the machine. I scooped everything out with a large silicon spoon and put it in some tupperware to freeze. It'll be runny, but with a few hours or a good overnight freeze, the consistency should be just right!

After one night of freezing, it's perfect! I hardly ever get to say this, but it was actually a bit too rich for me! VERY peanut buttery! I'll definitely use this recipe again because it's super easy and delicious, but next time I'm going to cut a bit of the peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment