Thursday, July 8, 2010

The famous Cubana sandwich from That's It, Mission, SF.

THAT'S IT!! Anthony Bourdain made this place and their Cubana Torta sandwich famous! I was SO excited to try it last night after the SF Station & Artillery AG Charmaine Olivia Art Party!

Mmmm.. The deli case full of yummy Mediterranean.

This baklava looked really good!

Okay.. you get HALF A LOAF of bread per sandwich! Seriously.

That's all for ONE SANDWICH. Well, minus the loaf toasting in the far right corner. But everything else is going into one HUGE sandwich, for $10. AMAZING. INSANE.

I don't know what the heck all goes into it, but here is what we found:
  1. Amazing chorizo
  2. Chicken fried steak
  3. Ham
  4. Bacon
  5. A full hotdog (WHAT!?)
  6. Melted cheese
  7. Feta cheese
  8. Tomatoes
  9. Jalapenos
  10. Mayo
  11. Fried egg
  12. Avocado
  13. I'm probably missing a couple of ingredients, too--SO NUTS! Haha.
Oh man, I cannot get over this sandwich!! I'm completely baffled! I was determined to finish my half--and it took a minute, but I did it! My HALF alone was the biggest sandwich I've ever eaten in my entire life! And you wouldn't think mashing so many things together would work, but it was really good.

Aldonza, and I shared this! Thanks SOO much Aldie and Chris!!! You're the best!


Yelp (Print the Yelp page and get $2 off the sandwich!)

1 comment:

  1. No, you are the best! I am so glad to meet somebody with an adventurous taste!

    ReplyDelete