Friday, July 16, 2010

Bake Sale Baking Part 1: Cake Balls.

My friend Chris asked me to help him out by doing a bake sale to benefit his Team in Training for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Chris lost a friend to Leukemia last year so he's been training for this triathlon and we're all very proud of him! I, of course, was happy to help with the bake sale!

He requested knew my cake balls from when I served them at Maddy's birthday and requested those! Here's nothing... !

Birthday cake, also known as Funfetti! I just make white cake, but with sprinkles--super easy! You bake the cake and then crumble it up! Then you mix in frosting to create a new "dough". I used vanilla frosting for this batch. You then form the balls (I use a tablespoon) and then freeze!

We just had a Costco trip so our freezer was already overflowing--I had get pack savvy and move some stuff around to freeze these! These will later be coated with white chocolate and topped with sprinkles!

Lemon cake with lemon buttercream frosting. These will be coated with white chocolate and topped with nuts and lemon peel (in case anyone is allergic)!

Strawberry cake with strawberry buttercream frosting. These will be coated with chocolate and topped with coconut!

Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Half of these will be coated with chocolate and topped with sea salt! The other half will be coated with mint chocolate and topped with mint flakes.

Chocolate chips in my makeshift double-boiler (metal bowl over a pot of boiling water) with shortening.

Mint chocolate (left), chocolate with sea salt (middle), strawberry with chocolate and coconut (bottom right).

Close up of the mint drying.

Close up of the sea salt!

Mmmmm! I'm SUPER excited for these! Now sleep and then onto lemon bars and cookies in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment