Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Italian dinner for P.

Making my first meatballs! Woohoo! I've never made my own burger patties either. This was very exciting. So this was: ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper. So easy! :)

All rolled and ready to bake! I thought doing them stovetop would be a little to messy and fussy so I decided to bake.

Close-up.

YAAAAAY! My first meatballs! :) Big and juicy. :) The parm kinda exploded. Haha. I figured it would. Anyhow, they were yummy and I kept them in the oven to keep warm.

The saaaaauce! :) I LOVE the Trader Joe's marinara sauce. I used that and then added garlic, chopped onions and bell peppers.

Caramelizing the veggies for the bruschetta. Yellow onion; red, orange and yellow peppers; tomatoes; garlic, parsley and olive oil.

Balsamic vin bruschetta. I toasted French bread so it's pretty crunchy. Then I put on a bit of my balsamic vin dressing and then top with caramelized veggies. I don't make this often, but this is something I really like to make. It turned out well this time too--good bread.. more on that later..

Mixed-greens salad with tomatoes, toasted almonds, parm and my balsamic vin dressing.

Garlic bread! I used Safeway French bread, which I've never had before, but it's really VERY good. Soft and a good size. For the spread I simply used butter, garlic and parsley. I used a little less butter and more garlic than normal recipes call for, but that's how I like it. :)

Spaghetti and meatballs! This was really yummy! :)

Altogether a wonderful Italian meal and P was very happy with it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment