Saturday, June 13, 2009

Japanese at Oyaji, Outer Richmond, SF.

Yellowtail collar.

This is on the 7x7 list and it was the last one of the day! I'm so glad we snagged it! It wasn't anything to write home about, but it was good.

Yaki OnigiriGrilled rice balls mixed with salmon & bonito flakes and flavored with soy sauce (2/per order)

So I didn't get a photo of it as it was served, but these grilled rice balls were amazing!!! They are like little balls of the Korean crispy rice, 누릉지, that forms when you cook rice too long or in a stone pot. I love crunchy rice! Awww.. these were sooooo good! :)

Beef tongue.

I had beef tongue in Osaka, but it was very thinly sliced and I didn't love it, but this was great. The thicker cut makes it softer and very jucy.

CombinationAssorment of yakitori, tsukune, and vegetable kushiyaki (8 skewers)

Chicken, meatballs, two different kinds of mushrooms and peppers. I would rank these as meatball, mushroom, pepper, chicken, other mushroom. ;)

StirlingShrimp Tempura, Crab, Avocado, Spicy Mayo, Fish Egg, Sesame

I always have to get a roll. ;) These weren't amazing, but not bad either. Also, the rice was a little too stuck together. I don't like when the sushi rice is mushy.

Cha Shu-menJapanese style noodle soup topped with Oyaji toppings plus additional cha-shu

I'm biased and like Korean style ramen a lot more, but this was okay, too. :)

Gindara KasuzukeGrilled codfish marinated in kasuzuke (sake lees) sauce

This was good. I can't really say much more than that, but it was good.


Four of us split all of this food and we were STUFFED! It was all good and the total came to $20/per person. I'd say that's a heckuva deal! And I have to say, we did it right and ordered a very nice mix of food. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment