Friday, March 19, 2010

Another brilliant dinner at Bar Crudo, Divisadero, SF.

CRUDO SAMPLER

arctic char, tombo tuna, scallop, butterfish
4 piece 12 / 8 piece 23
Always delicious. We opted for the Yellowfin Tuna instead of the Arctic Char (which is so so so good) because R doesn't like wasabi. I love the Arctic Char, but I'm glad I got to try the Yellowfin--very nice.

SEARED HOKKAIDO SCALLOP

spicy coconut curry, shrimp, peppers, pea greens 13
It's not really a spicy coconut curry, but it's heavenly! Being the good Asian that I am, I wanted rice to eat with it! Haha. The scallops were great, too, with just the right taste of the sea. :)

SEAFOOD CHOWDER

fish, mussels, shrimp, squid, potatoes, applewood smoked bacon 7/14
Looooooove. Such an amazing texture and finish. So rich and delicious with a great variety of seafood. And it's $5 during their happy hour!

My friend Richard was in town from Seattle and he's a huge foodie. He doesn't use "good food" lightly, so I was out to impress. I recommended How To Cook A Wolf to him and he LOVES it there. He asked to go to a similar place here, and I said maybe Nopa, but also recommended Bar Crudo because it's one of my faves. I'm happy to report that he loved it! Said it was the best chowder he's ever had and I agree. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment