Friday, March 26, 2010

Amazing dinner at B44, Belden Place, SF.

Left: Grilled morcilla sausage / baby white beans / mortar allioli
Right: Sautéed mussels / sofrito / pancetta / green peas / tarragon

One of my best girlfriends, Arang, has the sweetest parents ever! They were in town visiting and invited a few of her friends out for a fantastic dinner. I don't if there's anything we didn't order from the B44 menu--we had about 10 courses and it was amazing!

Our dessert--churros with chocolate and custard.

The meal was fabulous and the service was great. B44 is an excellent place to go with a group. There wasn't anything I didn't like, but here were my favorites (of course, I didn't get photos of any of them!):
  • Tiger shrimp sautéed with garlic and adobo - Just a really yummy shrimp dish. One of the more flavorful dishes of the evening.
  • Escalivada - Warm roasted vegetables / cabrales / pine nuts / garlic oil - This was tasty pizza -bruchetta on these great big slices of soft French bread!
  • Arros Negre – Squid / clams / sepia / green peas / green bell pepper / squid ink / mortar allioli - Okay, I just really like squid ink paella! It wasn't as nice as the one at Iluna Basque, but we ordered two paellas and I preferred this one to the seafood one.
Muchos gracias padres de Arang!


No comments:

Post a Comment