Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Carrot cake muffins with pineapple coconut cream cheese frosting.

I was in a pinch so I grabbed a box carrot cake mix and used this recipe (sans rasins) to give it a homemade touch. :) It made two full batches!

Definitely more muffiny than I was going for. They were okay.. I would add more crushed pineapple and some carrot and zucchini next time.

Of course I didn't take a photo of the frosting! :( Again, I was in rush, so I bought a cream cheese frosting and then added pineapple juice and coconut flakes. The flavor was there, but it was a little bit runny so I added a bit more powdered sugar to thicken it up. In the above photo they were just frosted--still a bit warm, I'm afraid. They are in the fridge right now to get the frosting back it's proper thickness. :)

Oh, I just topped them with some pecan nibs.

No comments:

Post a Comment