Saturday, March 13, 2010

Big Eat SF 2010 Dinner Party Part 1

I'm not really sure where this photo is from, but maybe the cheeseburger is from Fish & Farm? I snagged it from the Facebook invite for my friend Scott's oh so fabulous 2010 7x7 Big Eat List dinner party! Such a great idea. :)

Here is what was on the menu:
  • Papaya Salad ("Somtum") with Crab from Sai Jai Thai: Eh. This is a love or hate thing and I just feel indifferent toward it. It wasn't a big hit at the party either.
  • Pho Ga Chicken Soup from Turtle Tower: Delicious. Best pho ever.
  • Dry Fried Chicken Wings from San Tung: Yummy.
  • Nick's Crispy Baja Fish Tacos from Underdogs: Yummy.
  • Niman Ranch Cheeseburger with Special Sauce from Fish and Farm: Delicious. I didn't love the pickles, but other than that this burger rocked.
  • Roast Pork Sandwich from Saigon Sandwich: Yummy. I don't think there's anything that makes Saigon Sandwich stand out other Vietnamese sandwiches though.
  • Apple Fritters from Bob's Donuts and Pastry Shop: Delicious. Must have warm--makes all the difference.
  • Ube Ice Cream from Mitchell's: Eh. I like Mitchell's texture, etc, but I don't know why this flavor is on the list. It just doesn't have any flavor!? I would take vanilla over this, and I don't like vanilla ice cream because it's usually too plain!
  • Chips & Salsa from Papalote: Delicious. The salsa is really something else!

2 comments:

  1. do you think the pho at turtle tower is better than than brothers???

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALSO OMG yes! I got the ube with the chocolate coating and was verryyyy disappointed to find that it tasted like nothing!! every other flavor I tried is far better.

    ReplyDelete