Monday, March 1, 2010

Diet cleanse: Week 1.

So my friend Eve told me about this diet/cleanse that really worked for her. It's not unhealthy, which is the most important thing and it focuses on changing your metabolism, which I need! I've been wanting to do a cleanse (and a diet for that matter!) for awhile now and this one sounds very doable. It's just hard when you love cooking and food so much! :)

So here is the breakdown...

Week one:
9am: Protein Shake - 160 calories
11am: Bar - 100 calories
1pm: Protein Shake - 160 calories
3pm: Bar - 100 calories
5pm: Snack - 100 calories
7pm: Protein Shake - 160 calories
9pm: Pudding - 80 calories
Total calorie intake: 860

The thing that made this sound doable was that you're eating every two hours. So maybe you don't get really full, but I feel like when you get hungry, you'll be able to eat in just a bit. It really hasn't been that difficult yet.. although I suppose I've only had one shake and one bar! ;)

I got the Atkins shakes above because they were recommended to me for their good flavor and thickness. I had one of the Dark Chocolate Royal shakes and it was pretty yummy.

I got a variety of bars so I wouldn't get bored. I also got some of these sugar-free fudge dipped mint cookies, 100 calorie Cheese Nips, yogurt pretzels, and clementines for snacks.

I've never really had pudding.. my parents never got it for me as a kid and then I never really at it when I got older.. I'm excited to have it for dessert though and didn't realize it was so low in calories!

Well, here's to a week of no real meals! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment