Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Darbar Indian for St. Patrick's Day dinner, Russian Hill, SF.

What didn't we order?! Haha.. I must say, we made some great choices and got a variety of flavors. Clockwise from the bottom left: Lamb Korma Curry, Bangan Bharta (eggplant), Palak Paneer, Chicken Makhani (butter chicken).

Darbar was excellent--definitely the best Pakistani-Indian I've had in SF. None of the curries were too bold in flavor, but they were just right and had excellent textures. The chutneys had stronger flavors and complemented the curries well. We also got an order of the rice, garlic naan and onion naan. I prefered the onion naan because you could taste the onion, but the fluffiness of both naans was just right! :)

I'm so glad we decided on Indian for St. Patrick's day! I think it was fitting considering Indian food is taking over the UK/Ireland. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment