Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bacon blue cheese guacamole.


3 ripe avocados. I just mashed these with forks.. I don't like to mix these and the other ingredients together because then the tomatoes get mushy.

One Roma tomato, a quarter of a small red onion, a handful of cilantro and one jalapeno pepper, lime juice, black pepper and salt.

Blue cheeeeeese!

Baaaacon!

This was inspired by the sage, blue cheese, bacon guacamole at Lopez Southwestern Kitchen. It was listed as chef Michel Symon's favorite dish on The Best Thing I Ever Ate. I basically made guacamole just the way I normally make it (with lots of cilantro and lime, and some heat) and then added a good amount of bacon and blue cheese. I liked it, but I'd like to try it with goat cheese, too. :)

I'm going to use this in a taco salad tonight and then also for a Mexican scramble tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment