Sunday, May 16, 2010

Thai style fried rice with spicy sausage.

I'm going to mix in the recipe with the photos.. Approximate ingredient measurements are below.

1. Cook sausage, set aside.

2. Scramble egg in fry pan, use spatula to chop.

3. Add 2 cups of cooked rice, sausage, the above Korean spice/veggie packet, fish sauce, olive oil, sesame oil and soy sauce.

4. Use spatula to mix everything and keep the rice moving so it doesn't stick to the pan.

5. Add cilantro and mix in.

6. Serve! :)


This is definitely one of the best fried rices I've ever made. I'm in love!

Ingredients*:
  • 2 cups rice, cooked
  • 2 eggs, scrambled
  • 2 hot link sausages (You can really use any meat, but the spice here adds to the Thai style of this dish and sausage is nice because it's not messy. I slice and then quarter mine.)
  • 1 packet Korean or Japanese dried veggie/spice mix
  • 1 tbsp fish sauce
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
*I don't measure while I cook so these measurements are an approximation. Be careful with soy sauce because it can make dishes very salty so keep using small amounts and tasting to your liking. Fish sauce is also pretty strong, but balances nicely once you have added the other sauces--it shouldn't smell like fish sauce in the end! :)

1 comment:

  1. I have made a similar dish from scratch but adding leeks, garlic, diced dark green kale or other vegi, salmon and shrimps. The sausage I used was Philippine sweet and hot pork.

    ReplyDelete