Sunday, May 30, 2010

Peach Amaretto lime ice cream sorbet.

My amazing friend Pat was hosting a Memorial Day BBQ! I wanted to do a side and a dessert, so I thought I'd do bacon blue cheese dip as my side and then some ice cream as my dessert. I was so in love with my roommate's Almond Ice Cream that I thought I'd make that for the BBQ! I thought I'd also do a Peach Amaretto Lime sorbet.

4 peaches in the food processor.

Pureed! Meanwhile you make a simple syrup and mix it with the pureed peaches. I then decided to add lime juice, almond extract and amaretto to make this like a SoCo Amaretto Lime cocktail sorbet!

FAIL! The machine didn't take with all of the Amaretto I put in there! I realized it just wasn't going to work, so I figured--the flavors in my two ice creams both go well together and both have amaretto so why not mix them and see what happens? Thus, I set out on a new path to make a Peach Amaretto lime ice cream sorbet. Or creamy sorbet. :)

Almond ice cream mixture. I mixed the sorbet mixture into this and made two batches of ice cream in my ice cream maker.

The final product! A hybrid ice cream sorbet! :) It was very tasty. The flavor mix kind of made it taste like cherry for some reason, but in a good way. :)

*This was a big hit at the Memorial Day BBQ! :)


Peach Amaretto Lime Ice Cream Sorbet

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 3 tbsp lime juice (can add more later to taste)
  • 3 tbsp Amaretto liqueur
  • 4 peaches, sliced
  • Ingredients for the Almond ice cream.
Recipe:
  1. Make simple syrup by dissolving sugar in water.
  2. Add lime juice and Amaretto liqueur. Mix well and let cool.
  3. Puree the peaches.
  4. Mix the peaches and simple syrup in a large bowl.
  5. Create mix for Almond ice cream.
  6. Combine peach mixture with Almond ice cream mixture with a whisk.
  7. Since this is two mixtures, pour half in the ice cream maker and turn on for 20 minutes.
  8. Place other half of mix in tupperware and place in freezer.
  9. When the first half is done, put it into tupperware and freeze. It will be a more runny than normal ice cream from an ice cream maker.
  10. Place second batch in ice cream maker and turn on for 20 minutes.
  11. When the second batch finished, pour it over the first batch, or in a separate tupperware container.
  12. Freeze overnight--this will take awhile to freeze because of the alcohol, so freeze it for as long as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment