Thursday, May 6, 2010

Homemade orange grapefruit lemonade.

Mmmmmm.. puuuuuulp! :) I really love pulp. I think it's a big Asian thing. Haha.

I love making juice now! It's so easy and yummy! I modified the recipe I used a few days ago.

Orange Grapefruit Lemonade recipe (2 pitchers):
  1. Make a simple syrup by heating 1.5 cups water with 1.5 cups sugar until sugar is completely dissolved.
  2. Juice one grapefruit and pour into a pitcher. (I left the pulp.)
  3. Juice one orange and add to pitcher. (I left the pulp.)
  4. Juice four lemons and add to pitcher. (I strained the lemon juice because there were too many seeds.)
  5. Add simple syrup to the mixture and stir with a long spoon. (You can taste and add water to your liking.)
  6. Since this was too sugary for my liking, I split the mixture in half, between two pitchers.
  7. Top off both pitchers with cold water.
  8. Serve immediately with ice cubes or refrigerate.
So I came out with two pitchers of juice, which should last our household.. maybe through the weekend! ;) Very yummy, and both pitchers are still very sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment