Sunday, May 2, 2010

Brunch at La Note, Shattuck, Berkeley, CA.

Cote Est - Lemon gingerbread pancake with poached pears; scrambled eggs; home fries. The pancake was a little too gingery. I couldn't taste the lemon, and the pears just seemed like they were straight out of a jar. The home fries had roasted garlic though and were yummy. The eggs, too!

I don't know which omelette this was, but Ed said it was okay. He got it with the tomatoes, which were nice.

Ben got one gingerbread lemon pancake and one oatmeal raspberry pancake. He said he didn't prefer one to the other.

Ben and Tiffany were in town from LA so we went out to Berkeley for the day and decided to brunch here. I had heard good things and they have great Yelp reviews, but I wasn't impressed. Everything was just okay, but nothing stood out. Next time I'm brunching at Berkeley, I'll be checking out Ann's Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment